I love finding new blogs and reading details of real people’s lives, I’ll often spend hours flicking through blog rolls finding new amazing people, some who I will visit again and again and others who I will just flit through, having the best intentions to visit again but losing them in the world-wide ether (if that is the correct use of that word) of the web.
I was recently introduced to Sarah at The Little Family of 3 when she tagged me. Thank you Sarah and here is the game;
The rules as passed on by The Little Family of 3:
- every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves
- answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you
- list 11 questions for the folk you are going to tag, and they should have fewer than 200 followers if possible
- don’t back-tag
Eleven things about me:
- I am the oldest of four with an older half-brother and sister
- I love TV crime dramas such as A Touch of Frost, Inspector Morse, New Tricks (most of which I know off by heart) and Waking the Dead
- I never spent a day in school until I was much older and worked on projects in them
- My celtic tree sign is the willow tree
- I love fatty foods with loads of sauce e.g. cheese or gravy
- I was made redundant three times before my twenty-sixth birthday
- I don’t have a tv but do have a LoveFilm account and use iPlayer too
- I have been vegan and vegetarian but never eaten meat
- I don’t play computer games often but every few years will spend days playing a game called Settlers, building up my own kingdom and making sure there are enough farms to feed everyone
- I like mayo with chips, but not everytime
- I drink far too much tea socially but hardly any when I’m not with people to drink it with
Sarah’s questions for me;
- If money was no object would you move home, if yes where too? If money were no object I would buy land, enough to provide enough space for me my mother and sister to build our own houses and have our own space but close enough to be able to see each other all the time
- Where is the most interesting place you have visited? Off the top of my head, The Eden Project. I think it is hard to get under the skin of anywhere without spending time there and getting to know the people and stories it holds
- How many of the things on your to do list do you actually manage to do in the allotted time? That all depends on if I make a list or lose it before I reach the bottom. Old to do lists are often very interesting when they are found weeks, months or years later. I always put everything off until the very last-minute any way
- What was your favourite story as a child? I’m not sure if it was my favourite but I remember listening to The Kitchen Warriors and Heidi over and over again. We use to borrow a lot of audio books from the library when I was a child and listen to them every night at bed time
- Who is the person you remember idolising as a child? I really don’t remember idolising anyone as a child
- laminate floor or carpets? If it has to be either than laminate but I would prefer slate or wood
- what is your favourite dessert? Cheesecake or mother’s trifle (and no I’m not creeping lol)
- What job did you always want to do as a child? and do you do it now? I always wanted to work in the media or be a writer. I remember when I was very little, maybe five or six, being interviewed for the radio about being home educated and I said then I was going to work in the media even though I was very shy and that is what I started out planning to do but it isn’t what I do for a living now and I’m not sure it’s what I still want to do either
- Is there one thing would you like to change about your life? I would truly love to live in a world that was less dependant on money. It is such an unreal concept with no real value at all and yet it hold so much power over everything. I spent a lot of time struggling to reach a balance between having enough and having enough time to not need it
- what is your favourite pastime? Anything to do with my home life; gardening, looking after the animals (even mucking out!), cooking
- what is your favourite season of the year? I really couldn’t choose one, each season is different each year any way
And the questions for those tagged (if you are choosing to take part)
- What inspired you to first start blogging?
- What waking thought makes you want to jump out of bed and start the day?
- What is/was your favourite outdoor game?
- What is your biggest time waster?
- If you could invite anyone to dinner; who would they be? What would you eat? and why?
- What is your most used tool?
- What would you bring back from the past that you think we have lost and why? I don’t mean a person, that would be too easy!
- What was the last thing that amazed you?
- Have you ever seen a shooting star?
- What is the oddest food you have tried and did you like it?
- Tea, coffee or something else?
And finally my tags:
- Laura at Dichotomyof as she hasn’t blogged for a while and I miss here posts
- Rosie and Simon(?) at Eco-Gites
- Anthea at Tales from Mount Pleasant
- The HedgeCombers – I haven’t forgotten my ABC tag, it is a work in progress!
- Caro at An Urban Veg Patch
- Katy at The Good Life in Practice – a new blog I stumbled across the other day
And that is all I have for now, not a full eleven but quality should make up for quantity lol. I know I shouldn’t back tag but I would love to know your answers to my questions Sarah