Ever since I took over the pen of chickens that I’ve been looking after I’ve wanted to try breeding pure Silver Dorkings or Marsh Daisys, I’ve spent hours on eBay looking at hatching eggs and going through poultry forums for sale lists. I’ve even almost arranged buying eggs but whenever I’ve been able to hatch them then other peoples birds have been off lay and/or broody.
Any way, today mother and me went and collected my new Silver Dorking cockerel. I found him through the River Cottage Forum, and Rhys named him Richard (after Richard Dorking.)
Ok, it’s taken me a while to sit down and think about this, and I wasn’t sure which ‘tagged’ I was so I thought I’d do both.
Thanks to Rosie (& Simon) at Eco-Gites for tagging me.
The rules of this Tag are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six things about me that people might not of known:
1. I have a black cat call Sam, she is a Bonbay Black and when I first got her she had never once been outside even though she was a couple of years old. She now spends most of her time outside, but is still a little bit weird compared to other cats. 2. I come from a big family, I have two younger siters and a younger brother, I also have a older half sister and brother. And two nephews. 3. Out of all the pairs of jeans I own, I think only one pair fit me. 4. I still have all four grandparents. 5. Cheese cake is my favourite cake but I don’t think I’ve ever made one. 6. I’ve recently join Facebook but am already getting feed-up with it.
And six things that make me happy:
1. Home grown/made food. 2. Collecting firewood. 3. Working towards something, and then getting there. 4. Learning new things. 5. Family, although the can also annoy me more than anyone else. 6. Kidding and lambing time.
Now for my taggings:
Paul & Shelley at Holly Cottage Garden
The Green Family at MyZoreWaste (not completely sure if it fits with your blog to join in but doesn’t matter if not)
Lucy at The Smallest Smallholding (I know you’ve just done six things about you but what makes you happy?)
Jo at The Little Ffarm
Six Home Educate in Kent